Friday, February 8, 2008

Quality time and quality life

Up to a few weeks ago, my time with family seemed to be punctuated with impatience. I arrived home, carried Javo for a few minutes and gave him back to his yaya. Played with him for a few minutes then returned him again. I began to wonder if there was something wrong with me. Why did I not want to spend so much time and effort with my baby who is so sweet and loving?

The same was true with my relationship with Martin. More and more often I would be impatient and snap for no apparent reason. So much so that he said if I was like that now, what would life be like when I reached the menopausal stage.

At work, I would get irritated at the slightest problem. It was all over me--this gloom, doom, and beware the cat with hidden claws and fangs. And then it happened.

The experience is as life-altering as the Landmark Forum experience--at least to me it was. A few weeks ago I was introduced to this sanitary napkin that has an anion strip in it. The anion strip contains thousands of negative ions which is found in rain, forest, ocean, waterfalls. Apparently these negative ions help with mood, gives high energy, helps control bacteria too.

Since I began using these pads, I have had more energy to play with Javo--I can lift him in the air, play energetically with him for as long as I want, and be patient with him when I need to be patient. I have also been more patient with Martin and things at work. All in all, this has been a miraculous find for me. It has changed my life in so very many positive ways. Although this has been its effect on me, on others the surge in energy may not be as noticeable--maybe just a bit more energy to run the extra mile but nonetheless it has made an impact in our lives

I now have more energy, patience, and love to do what needs to be done--both at home and at work. I didn't realize how big an impact fatigue played on my life until then.

No comments: