Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Loosening up and bath time

We brought Javo to watch Kung Fu Panda 2 in the big screen recently. Aside from the entertainment value to kids of all ages, it had very many messages for those on the road to personal transformation.

Javo enjoyed it immensely and amidst WOWs and OOOHHHs from him, mom had her own revelations and enjoyed the same movie in a different way. I finally got loosening up and just in time too--for our Mommy-Javo ten day bonding time. I finally got enjoying his company and our differences.

Among the many different areas where we have our differences is during bath time. I used to have such a difficult time getting him in there because I wanted to finish the bath fast and I wanted to stay dry. Unfortunately that route meant a lot of whining and cajoling and a whole lot of delaying tactics. I finally get that he just enjoys having fun so now I bring a whole lot of toys for bath time and most of the time end up getting drenched but at least my objective of a bath is reached and we are both happy.

1 comment:

Risa said...

Hey there, just discovered your blog. I'm dyahe to write because I don't have your talent, but I want to tell you how much I'm enjoying your articles. You are so gifted my friend, and I'm glad you are discovering this in yourself too. Take care and continue being happy!
Risa